Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Test Test

I've had some of my gear for a while. Most of it is brand new. In both cases, I've never used pretty much any of it. My first "shakedown" trip is Friday and rather than look like an idiot, I decided to test some of it out this week before I left.

I set up my tent for the 2nd time ever on Sunday. The first time was months ago when I first received it from eBay. That was in my living room. Sunday was its first outdoor experience. For the most part, it was pretty easy to set up. However, the crossbar was nearly impossible to get into the pockets. I remember having this problem in my living room. I hope it loosens up!
 


Testing out my tent in the yard with my nephew, Joshua.
 
I also went food shopping today. Picked up some stuff I've read about online or seen in YouTube videos. I'm already sick of it and I haven't even eaten it! So much processed food! I need to research some better recipes.
 

 
I also fired up my MSR Pocket Rocket, which I've had for about 10 years, for the first time tonight. Worked like a charm! Just hope it's stable enough.
 

Need to pick up a few more things like a trash compactor bag and a lighter and I'll be good to go! Lost Maples, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment