Friday, June 13, 2014

Day #60 - Deer or Beer?

Miles: 14.8 to Bailey Gap Shelter
May 20

Writing in my journal is getting tiresome, but I don't want to miss any of the details. I know I'll appreciate having this record once the trail is over. I saw two deer today. One let us get very close. When Wing It and I stopped to look, Bluebird caught up with us. She asked what we are looking at and we whispered "A deer." She asked, "Beer or deer?" several times. Lol. If it was a beer, it would have been gone by the time she arrived. Another group saw an albino deer. I'm sorry I missed that!

The first five miles of our hike were pretty flat. I kept tripping over sticks though. There are caterpillars (I think they are web worms) EVERYWHERE! They get on your pack and all of your stuff if you stop for even a few minutes. I am not a fan. When we stopped at Pine Swamp Branch Shelter I noticed two partially charred mice on the grill over the fire pit. It was really gross. We talked for a while about what sort of person would do that. And leave them there. I'm glad we didn't stay with whoever did that. Not much else to note today, but I did snap a few photos. Enjoy!



Best Thing: Seeing a deer up close.
Looking Forward To: Another shortish day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment