Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Daily Routine

A bonus post! Some of you might be wondering what I do each day. Here's a breakdown. And no, all those meals aren't a joke and we really do go to bed at or before sunset. 

6:00 - begin to wake up and mentally prepare to extract myself from my sleeping bag
6:45 - get out of bed, put on dirty hiking clothes from the day before
7:00 - use privy, start taking down my tent and packing my bag, take down bear bag 
7:30 - eat breakfast, finish packing 
8:00 - hit the trail
10:30 - stop at a shelter or trailside for second breakfast
12:30 - first lunch 
3:00 - arrive at camp, pitch tent or grab a spot in the shelter, change into sleeping clothes and Crocs, refill water, eat second lunch
4:30 - cook first dinner 
6:00 - eat second dinner (normally not something that requires cooking), brush teeth, hang food and toiletries on bear cable 
7:30 - night night! 

2 comments:

  1. Had lunch with Gary on Tuesday and he told me about your blog. I am all caught up now and look forward to reading more posts about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete